Tuesday 21 February 2017

Contents Page: Final Draft


Following the feedback I received on my first draft, I made several changes to my product in order to improve it's appearance and effectiveness. The first thing that my lecturer picked up on when reviewing my first draft, was the inconsistency within the main text of the magazine. The use of a more burgundy coloured font for 'Contents' disrupted the flow of the house theme. I agreed that altering this colour to suit the house theme would prove more attractive and effective, creating a more professional feel. Therefore, I made this change to the font. I also altered the box of the cover credits to fit with this change.

The other suggestion that my lecturer made, was to highlight the articles within the contents that appeared on the cover. I felt that this was a great idea, as if the audience wanted to look immediately at an article they viewed on the cover, they would be able to see it highlighted in a different colour.I chose to use red, as it was a colour included in my chosen colour scheme and also linked in nicely with the colour theme of the images used. 

After responding to and acting on the feedback I receive on my first draft, I am now happy with the appearance of my contents page. I feel like the improvements have cause it to appear more attractive, consistent and professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment