Monday 20 February 2017

Front Cover: Final Draft


Following the feedback I received on my first draft, I made several changes to my product in order to improve it's appearance and effectiveness. The first thing I changed was the cover lines of my front cover. My media lecturer suggested altering them to make them stand out further. To do this I used a technique I had used in my previous media work, which involved changing some of the more important words, increasing the font size and choosing a bolder font in order to attract the audience's best interest to those words, which will them cause them to look further into the cover lines. I have ensured that the fonts fully contrast by choosing one serif and another sans serif font. This means one in straighter and therefore bolder. 

Unfortunately, there were some accidental spelling errors that need amending. I made these alterations to spelling whilst making the changes that my lecturer suggested.

One of the main things that concerned me about my lecturers comments was the way in which the model's arm appeared to fade into the background on the left third of the front cover. To change this I used the shading and blending tool on photoshop to darken the area around her arm slightly. This prevented the model from fading into the background, and also made her stand out more. I ensured that despite the use of these tools, the image still appeared realistic.

By making these changes, I am now really pleased with my front cover, and believe it appears attractive and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment