Wednesday 17 August 2016

Pitch

Over the course of the next academic year, my A2 Coursework requires me to create the first four pages of my own original regional magazine. This must be accompanied by two hyperlinks pages from the magazine's website and a billboard advertisement for the magazine.

At first, the brief had me considerably blank on what I could create, however, I tweaked my ideas towards something I am interested in. I feel as though if I steer my regional magazine towards a topic that interests me, I will be more passionate about the project, creating a better outcome.

I will be centralising my magazine around the city of Newcastle with the central focus being art within the city. I am aware of regional magazines, such as The Crack, that feature sections on art, however, I am unaware of any magazines that deal solely with art within Newcastle. This means I will have to be very specific when researching regional magazines in order to steer it towards my topic.

I am going to use this gap in the market to create something modern, original and different, in relation to the art it will feature. My targeted audience will primarily include those living in the northeast due to my magazine maintaining that regional focus. In terms of interests, my target audience will mo likely take an interest in art. The issue of my magazine that I will be creating will be focusing on make-up artistry within Newcastle. Therefore, the issue itself may draw in a majorly female audience. The magazine as a whole has a fairly balanced audience in relation to gender. I am planning on researching further into my specific primary and secondary audiences further in a future blog post.

Unfortunately, there aren't particularly many regional magazines in my area that I would pick up and read, meaning I need to deeply research into this area of the industry in order to gain the resources and knowledge needed to produce a high-quality product.

No comments:

Post a Comment