Tuesday 16 August 2016

Genre & Moodboard

As mentioned in my pitch, the genre of my magazine is going to surround art within Newcastle/the north-east. In this particular issue the magazine will take on a make-up artistry feel, due to Newcastle being a prime region, full of artistic influences through make-up. I have also chosen this genre, because I take a particular interest in the topic and feel that this will allow me to feel more passionately about the project. I have composed a prezi based on the research and planning of my genre and embedded it below. If you cannot view the press, I have also pasted the link below:

https://prezi.com/bexuqci02huk/untitled-prezi/#



I have embedded a video below of one of my favorite make up artists from Newcastle, as some colour inspiration and an example of what Newcastle has to offer within the make up industry:


The incorporation of male make up artist within my inspirations allows the gender neutral element of the magazine to remain relevant. I believe that this is a really important part of my magazine, as it opens the target audience up to both genders, as well as applying my magazine to relevant societal changes and evolvements within gender that are extremely important and are happening every day.

As further inspiration, I have created a moodboard in order to place all of my ideas:


It is apparent that I have used a variety of colors within my mood board, relating to the layout and color scheme of my magazine. It is also evident throughout my mood board that I have used a mix of gender, relating to the primary audience, whilst also informing them that the magazine is unisex. The artistry I have selected is also highly professional and attractive, portraying connotations about my magazine, whilst also ensuring the the make-up, techniques, looks and products are all of the best quality for my audience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment