Monday 12 December 2016

Billboard Recreation




In order to gain further understanding of the conventions and creation of a billboard, I decided to take an example of a magazine billboard, and recreate it within Adobe Photoshop. I believe Photoshop would be the perfect program to use due to my future use of it when creating my final product. I found the billboard quite challenging to create, due to it's several layers and overlapping images, however I found that several dominant tools helped me achieve this particularly similar recreation.

Firstly, I found that one of the most useful tools that I used was the text tool. The tool became useful through the website link, tagline and various elements of the magazine within the smartphones and tablet screens. Through the various fonts available on Photoshop, I was able to find a font that mimicked the original font from the billboard. I will definitely be using the text tool within my final product.

The use of rasterizing layers, the magic wand tool and colour overlay all worked together to create the accurate masthead/logo on the billboard in order to maintain this brand identity. To find 'The Resident,' I searched the internet for the magazine and found the logo. However, the text was black and to create a copy of the billboard, I'd prefer it to be white. Therefore, I saves this image and cropped it down to the logo. From there, I rasterized the layer and used the magic wand tool to expel the area around the text that I did not require. Then, I was left with the logo. I edited the layer's properties in order to select white colour overlay. This changed the text to white. I then added some shadowing to create a more 3D look. I believe that I was these tools when create my own billboard and magazine. This is due to my chosen font being taken from dafont.com. I will be required to use the magic want tool on the screenshot of my logo from dafont.com. I may also choose to shadow my masthead/logo in order to make it stand out.

I also made use of the magic wand tool to edit an image of my friend to copy the magazine used within the billboard. I was certain that I wanted to use my own images, as I will be using my own images within my final product. I also believe that simply using the same image would be making the task easier for myself, and by challenging myself with my own images, I found that I developed and improved my skills further. I then edited the image of my friend on to a similar background to the original image and used the text tool to create a similar look. I searched the internet for images of iPhones and iPads to create new images with my magazine cover on the screens. I then used 'embed image' to place these images onto the billboard, shifting their position and size to mimic the original image.

The use of the App Store logo from a screenshot, placing it in a directly similar way. The use of the shape tool created the orange box, adding to the brand identity and creating and eye-catching element. To employ a similar shade of orange, I used the eyedropper tool as this allowed me to find the exact same colour.

Overall, I am considerably pleased with the outcome of my billboard and, therefore, am encouraged when it comes to my final product. I believe my enhanced skills will allow me to create a professional and successful final product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment