Monday 5 December 2016

Pitch Feedback

In order to gain the opinion of my target audience, I have printed several copies of my pitch and distributed it to members of my target audience. I asked them to comment any questions, opinions or suggestions around the pitch in order for me to improve and amend my pitch. I have scanned the feedback I received and, from here, I will improve my pitch in order to produce a more suited magazine.

Feedback 1:

It is evident that this member of my target audience enjoys The Crack magazine. This is a positive, as it ensures that people of my chosen region have a confirmed interest in art. However, this also informs me that I need to set my magazine aside from this and drive it forward in order to compete with The Crack. This person questioned, 'could males be interested?' I believe that predominantly, my audience will be female. However, it is notable that gender neutrality and male interest is dominating the make up industry, therefore this is the perfect time for my magazine to identify this and encourage it further. This means not only does my magazine inform and entertain but it also communicates that my magazine supports gender equality and believes that make up should not be gender specific. The feedback also suggests taking research from make up magazines. I believe that this is a brilliant idea. Therefore, in a further blog post, I will research make up magazine as a whole, and what makes them successful. 


Feedback 2:


From this feedback, I have been informed that the art that I am included must be specified to my audience. I will be making a magazine based around make up artistry with Newcastle. I will show the gender neutral element throughout the magazine through non-gender specific references, for example, I will not use phrases such as , 'a must-have for any girl.' Furthermore, the feedback questions how I will gain the resources and knowledge to produce a high quality product. I will research into several elements of regional magazines, for example, similar products, inspirational products, the software I will use etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment