Friday 16 December 2016

Contact Sheet Creation

In order to place all of the images I took at the shoot together, I created a contact sheet on photoshop, by selecting File > Automate > Contact Sheet ||. This would allow me to compare all the images together in one place and determine which ones I liked best, which ones added variation to the images I am using, and which suited my genre and target audience.

I then went on to circle in red the images I decided were the best for my magazine and circled them in red, by creating a new layer over the contact sheets. I will paste below the contacts sheets once circled:






















From this, I am taking the images and editing them one by one so that they follow my color scheme. I will post an update of how these images turn out. I will also embed those images into that post.

From the photos I have selected, I have also taken two example images, one that I like and have chosen to use, and one that I dislike and have chosen against using. I think it is important that I fully develop my ideas and explore which images are suitable and why.

Image I like: 

I really like this image of my model, as she is directly addressing the audience, creating an inclusive feel and drawing them in to the magazine. The lighting of the pic is good and her make up is visible in a positive light. The image connotes strength and confidence, which is how I'd like my audience to feel form my magazine in terms of their make up. If they feel like they will be able to gain her strength and confidence then they will be encouraged to by the magazine.





Image I don't like:

This image is not suitable for my magazine due to it's lack of good lighting and dark shadows. The model is not visible and her make up cannot me seen. The model is also facing away from the camera, creating no positive connotations. Therefore, I will not be using this image in my products.




No comments:

Post a Comment