Friday 9 September 2016

Location Scout

Location 1: Sunderland College, Student Photography Studio

Due to this studio being available for myself as a student in my own college, it would be ideal to use this studio due to it's easy access and good facilities. However, there may be some trouble finding a way for the model to come into the campus. Furthermore, the facilities aren't as good as some of the other potential locations and the times are slightly inconvenient with the studio being closed on weekends, so I would have to work the shoot around both mine and my model's timetables.











Location 2: University of Sunderland, St Peter's Campus, David Puttnam
Media Centre

This studio belongs to the University of Sunderland who my college have links to. The studio is available to book and has some of the best facilities. It is also a convenient distance allowing me and my model to both be able to travel by foot, bus, metro or car. However, it can be quite difficult to find if you are not exactly sure on where you are going, which may be a problem for my model (and we would not want to miss our slot).



Location 3: BANANAStudio, Newcastle-upon-Tyne

BANANAStudio in Newcastle-upon-Tyne advertises itself as a studio that can be easily booked for amateur photographers or hobbyists. This therefore, may be ideal for my photoshoot due to me photographing my model with only some experience. However, again it may be difficult to find due to it's postcode signifying that it is not exactly in the centre of Newcastle, meaning that buses and metro's may be considerably difficult to navigate in order to get there and transport may be quite costly, which will be inconvenient for both myself and especially my model.









Location 4: City Centre, Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Newcastle City Centre maintains no particular studio, therefore no booking of a location is required, and I am free to used the location whenever I would like. This is therefore convenient for myself and my model's busy schedules. The location is directly relevant to my magazine's region, creating a familiar and recognisable feel, therefore drawing attention from the targeted audience. It is considerably easy to navigate regarding my knowledge of the area, however public transport is not always reliable, especially at certain points of the day. It can also be costly, so I may be required to drive to the location.


Location 5: The Quayside, Newcastle-upon-Tyne

The Quayside in Newcastle is famous for its beautiful night scenes, especially around christmas. The Tyne and Gateshead Millennium Bridge, are frequently seen on TV and in famous pictures, alongside the Baltic Museum and The Sage. I feel that with the changing colours of the bridge, I could find a colour that suit's my models make up, and in the dark of the winter, along with my model's dark outfit, this could enhance the model's make up. The location is not a particular venue, meaning that I am not require to make any booking that fit around mine and my model's schedules. This also means that my model and myself are free to shoot the images whenever is convenient for us both. The location is directly relevant with the focused region of my magazine, creating a familiar and recognisable feel, therefore drawing attention from the targeted audience. It is considerably easy to navigate regarding my knowledge of the area, however public transport is not always reliable, especially at certain points of the day. It can also be costly, so I may be required to drive to the location.

Conclusively... I have decided that I will be using both the City Centre and The Quayside in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, as they both link in with my regional magazine, and I believe that at night with the Christmas lights, the make-up shot on my model, will be enhanced, causing them to stand out, and attracting the targeted audience. I feel that the alternate three studios, will not cause the same effect with the images, and will vaguely address the region in comparison to they way in which the chosen two locations will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment