Friday 23 September 2016

Photoshoot Planning

What emotional impact do you want your photography to have upon the reader? how will you achieve this impact? why have you chosen this particular impact? what effect will it have on the reader?
The main image of my front cover is required to draw in the audience's best attention and encourage them to pick up and buy the magazine. I was my model to look considerably positive surrounding the magazine itself, therefore I will be using a more inviting and fun pose. The colours of the image will be dark toned so that the focus of the image is solely on the makeup artistry that is featured. This creates an immediately obvious centre focus of the magazine and will draw the attention of those I am targeting the magazine at. The model I am using has a love of make-up, and I want that to feed through into my DPS so that those who share the same love connect with the model. It is very important to me that my regional magazine bring together those through their passions for art in the city that they love, and I believe this positive tone will aid that. This, therefore, will cause the reader to feel positive and passionate about the magazine in the same way.

What personnel do you need? who are you going to photograph? why have you chosen this person?
I have chosen to photograph one of my close friends. My friend has a history in modelling and belongs to an agency, meaning she is the perfect fit for a model as she is experienced and maintains a professional look. I believe her model physique also gives her a different look to other people who I may have photographed. She is very beautiful, creating a desirable feel with the females of my target audiences through aspiration, and with the males of my target audience through the male gaze.

What props will you need? why have you chosen these props? how will they be used?
I have not chosen a prop to use. In terms of my magazine's time of year, something within the image is generally going to be red, so I am currently considering if a prop is required for the image. I if decide that I'd like to use a prop, I will most likely use something in the shade of red and festive, such as a candy cane. However, I believe I will choose against using a prop as I already have a plan for the use of red within the image and I'd imagine a prop along with what I am planning (will be explained in next question) will create a crowded and undesirable feel.

How are you going to emphasise colour? what colour are you using? what areas of the photos will be this colour?

Have you briefed your personnel/models? how have you organised the photoshoot?
I have contacted my model via text to organise my shoot. I have posted the screenshots of this conversation in a separate post.

What lighting will you need? any equipment?
As I am using the natural light towards night time, the light that will be most prominent in my images will be the coloured Millenium Bridge and the Christmas decorative lights. These will hopefully light up my images, if not, I will use the artificial lighting of my camera to add some light. I feel that the darkness of the image will enhance the glitter and colour used within the features make-up look. I will need to set my flash to a lower ISO in order for the flash to incorporate the more desired areas od the model into the image.

Where will you shoot? will you need a backdrop?
I will be taking my images in both the city centre of Newcastle upon Tyne and The Quayside area of Newcastle. I feel that this venue directly addresses the regional element of my magazine, therefore targeting the correct audience. This also means that I do not require a backdrop.

How will the model appear? make-up? costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment