Wednesday 28 September 2016

The Recce

Are there any potential hazards that could pose a health and safety risk where your photo shoot will take place? (trailing cables/traffic/other objects )
The Quayside in Newcastle will most likely maintain a regular flow of vehicles during the day. Hopefully, due to my shoot being later at night, there will be less traffic to pose a risk.

What will you do to ensure these risks are minimised?
To avoid any safety risks when completing the shoot, my model I will be vigilant around busy roads in order to ensure that no accidents occur.

Will the time of day/weather affect the outcome of your photos? Have you allowed this?
My images will be taken at night, therefore my images will be considerably dark meaning I will need to use artificial lighting. This may be the soft Christmas lighting from the decorations at the Quayside or the flash from the camera I will be using. In relation to weather, I will double-check the weather forecast before embarking on the shoot in order to ensure that the weather will be suitable for my shoot (no rain).

Have you considered the background to your photos, particularly if take outside? How will you ensure you get the background you want?
The background to my photos will be the view of either the Tyne or Millenium Bridge, as these are immediately identified with Newcastle and will communicate to the audience that this regional magazine is tailored towards themselves and their area. I would like to ensure that I use the various lighting from the Millenium bridge, so have therefore organised my shoot later at night, in order to gain the full, bright effect of the lighting.

Have you considered lighting? What about the 'problems' of natural lighting, either outside or streaming through a window? Will you need to use a flash? Have you considered reflective objects that may ruin the effect?
I will not be using natural lighting due to the time of day that my shoot will commence. Therefore, I will be using the artificial lighting from my camera's flash and the Christmas lights around the location. My model has been instructed to wear considerable dark colours which will not reflect this flash in any way. I have also instructed this in order to enhance the model's eye makeup. The use of glitter may slightly reflect the flash, but I have purposely set this up in order to enhance the make-up further and hopefully grab the audience's interest.

Do you have permission to take photos in the place/venue you have in mind?
Yes, the Quayside is open to the public 24/7.

Are other people/crowds likely to be an issue for you? What have you done to ensure they will not spoil the effect?
People/crowds could be a potential issue for my shoot. However, due to my shoot commencing later at night, I believe that this will be less of a problem as it will be quieter. As my images will be taken right next to the River Tyne, there will be plenty of room for others to walk around myself in order to prevent the effect from being spoiled.

Are you reliant on lifts/props/friends equipment/models? How have you ensured that these things will come together at the appointed time? Do you have a Plan B?
I am reliant on my model to ensure that she if there on time. If she has any trouble with public transport, I have the ability to provide transport in my own car as a Plan B. If this fails to work, I will have to reschedule my photoshoot. This should be easy to organise around myself and my model's schedules as the location does not require booking etc.

Finally, have you thought of every eventuality?
I feel as though I have considered all eventualities through my Recce post, and I am feeling confident and excited about the shoot and it's outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment