Friday 18 November 2016

Billboard Flat Plan


Colour Usage: The colours I will use within my billboard will continue with the colour scheme I have chosen for my products as I feel that this will create a professional and consistent look. I also believe that this will add an element of brand identity and familiarity surrounding my products.

Image Usage: In terms of image, I am using the same type of image as is used within my magazine and website. This image also creates a link between all of my products and directly links to the cover of the issue, creating a familiar and consistent feel. There is only one main image used on the billboard so I will be making this considerably large and, therefore, eye-catching. However, it is likely that alongside my social media links I will use small images of the social media icons in order to communicate my magazine's online presence.

Text Usage: The main areas of text within my billboard are predominantly my Masthead and Sell Line. I have chosen these as the masthead creates a recognisable logo, which therefore creates a brand identity. This will be recognisable to the audience and will hopefully connect my billboard directly to my product. The sell line is also an important aspect of the text in my billboard. The sell line will also relate my billboard to the magazine and given the audience a reason to go out and buy the magazine. This may be, for example, 'your make-up. your Newcastle,' or, 'making the city sparkle.' These sell lines relate to my target audience and will hopefully convince them to look into buying the magazine. Finally, the use of website and social media links are utterly important within the billboard as they connect my magazine to it's website, which allows the billboard to promote website and magazine together. The use of web link and social media accounts also communicates to my audience that my magazine has a strong online presence, which I found they preferred through my target audience research. This will please my audience's preferences and hopefully make them want to buy my magazine, and connect with it online.

Layout and Font: The layout of my billboard is considerably simple, which is what I wanted through the fact that it is an advertisement that is viewed as people are going about their daily lives. If someone is in a rush, they do not have time to stop and look at too much text and various images, therefore I have simplified the product and made it easy to observe. The image is not taking up the full page, but is considerably large in order to be noticeable to the audience. The text takes up the majority of the product as it is the more informative area. The text will follow the same style as in my magazine. Obviously, the masthead will remain in the same font as usual creating a logo, an element of brand identity and familiarity within the text. It will be larger than the rest of the text so that attention is drawn to it. The rest of the text will remain an easily readable font that is used throughout my magazine and will be of an appropriate size for visibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment