Wednesday 30 November 2016

Reviewing Other Blogs

In order to gather more research and inspiration, I have chosen to review and analyse several other student's blogs and work. This way, I can observe what I like and dislike about them, meaning that I can apply ideas that I like from their to my own. The blogs that I will be viewing, will be those that have achieved considerably high grades as that is what I am hoping to achieve at the end of this course.

Firstly, I will be reviewing Lauren Waine's blog (http://laurenwainemedia.blogspot.co.uk/). I really liked her blog layout and I noted that the theme she used matched her magazine's genre in the way it was very girly. Although her genre is completely different to my own, I loved the way she used Facebook and other social media formats to gather research from her target audience so that she could enhance her magazine so that it suited them. I really liked her final product, although I believe if I were to analyse it without knowing her target audience, I would guess that her magazine was aimed towards 14 year olds and younger, due to it's slightly immature look cause by her used of colour, simple shapes and childish fonts. I do especially like her choice of cover image and the layout of her front cover; it is clear a lot of work has been put in. Overall, I would like to use the a theme throughout my magazine and blog so that they match/are linked. I would also like to use Facebook as a way of gathering research into my target audience.

Another blog that I have reviewed is a blog composed by Courtnie Louise Kerr (http://courtnielouisekerr.blogspot.co.uk/). I particularly disliked her blogs layout as I found it confusing and difficult to navigate. Additionally, I believe that the theme of her blog didn't particularly have much to in in terms of colour. I am planning on maintaining a red themed blog, but I'd like my blog to appear differently to this blog in a way that makes it less simple and more themed and professional looking. On the other hand, I really liked her use of multiple media formats and her employment of video feedback in her blog. I loved her final Double Page Spread. I believe it was very professional looking, it was what you'd expect a magazine double page spread to look like. Along with the Double Page Spread, I also thought that her Contents Page and Front Cover also looked very professional in the way it stuck to a certain house theme and I believed it represented it's genre very well.

I also reviewed Natalie Howey's blog (http://nataliehoweymedia.blogspot.co.uk/). The first thing I noticed was the layout of her blog, I really liked it. Then when I looked through some of her blog posts, I noticed her work contained thorough detail. I would like to be able to apply that much detail within my blog posts so that I could achieve a high grade like her. Her final product was professional looking and fitted her chosen genre, although I believe her Front Cover did look slightly simple. Furthermore, I personally though the image she used within her Double Page Spread was highly professional looking and completely made the article and brought it together. The use of lighting and positioning of the model as well as the layout of the article created a product that you would generally expect to see in a magazine. I would like my final Double Page Spread to look as professional as this.

Finally, I observed Alysha Stirling's coursework(http://alyshastirlingmedia.blogspot.co.uk/). I loved the relationship between her magazine theme and the theme of her blog; the colours fit perfectly and also completely suited her magazine's genre and I really like the images she chose for her magazine. When looking a her final product, I do believe that her Front Cover could have been Photoshopped to a better quality due to some of the areas of the page appearing to be blurred and pixelated. Moreover, I found that she used various media throughout her blog, making it exciting and moving it away from the boring and constant text filled blog that is so frequently seen. Her posts fully put across her skills and understanding of media and that practical production of the media. I think Alysha's may have been my favourite out of all blogs that I observed.

No comments:

Post a Comment