Friday 25 November 2016

Website Flat Plans

Home Page:


Colour Usage: Within the colour of my website, I will continue with my chosen colour scheme to create a consistent and professional feel across my texts.

Image Usage: The main image on my website home page will be the an image from the main shoot surround the November issue of my magazine. This will create a familiar feel and puts my 'best foot forward' in terms of the article I'm featuring. The image of my model is one taken from the shoot that is also featured on my billboard, so if, for example, one had seen my billboard and researched into the web address that is printed largely on the billboard, they will become familiar with the same model as was on the billboard. I feel like using just the one main image on my home page maintains a simple and easy to navigate appearance, and also prevents the page from appearing too crowded. I don't feel that it is the correct time to add various images for each article on the right hand side as this is a 'home page' and not a page based on just the articles. I will consider using more images for each article on a page that is centralised more around my magazine's articles. Other than the main image, I am considering using smaller social media icons in the top right corner to draw attention to the text and communicate my magazine's online/social media platform.

Texts Usage: Text is a major aspect of my website. It will be used predominantly on my home page, for example within the navigation bar. The navigation bar is a major convention within my website, allowing ease for my audience and a pleasant online experience, meaning they are more likely to come back. The masthead and the sell line will be included at the top of the page as this is the first place that the audience are more likely to look, and will create a consistent feel across my products. I have included the titles of my main and various other articles that will be featured from my magazine in efforts to give my audience a taster and cause then to want to buy the magazine. I felt that including contact and 'about us' elements tot the bottom of the magazine will be beneficial for when my audience would like to know more or would like to suggest ideas/be involved, creating a personal feel. Aside from this, I have also included an area providing information on subscription, which I feel will benefit both my audience and my magazine. My audience will be provided with an easy way of obtaining each monthly copy of my magazine without having to think about it, whilst my magazine will generate a guaranteed income and a more positive readership.

Layout and Font: In terms of the layout of my magazine I feel that everything has been set out in a rather simple nature as I felt this would be more easily navigated by my audience and reduce the risk of it appearing crowded and difficult to look at. It is more or less a very symmetrical page which I believe looks visually pleasing, creating a positive visiting experience for my audience. In terms of font, I plan on making more important words larger or bolder. Other than this, the text will remain the same font type and size as the rest of my products.








First Hyperlinked Page:

Colour Usage:
Within the colour of my website, I will continue with my chosen colour scheme to create a consistent and professional feel.

Image Usage: Like the home page, I have used the one main image from my main article shoot and the icons from my social media links. I thought that the use of the one main image made it evident that this is the main and most important article on the website and in the current issue.

Text Usage: Like on my home page, I have use masthead, sell line, navigation bar and subscription info. I did not want the subscription information to take up as much space as it had on the previous page, therefore I will create a side tab that moves onto the screen when a user hovers over it in order to keep this information whilst also maintaining extra space. The text is also in major use again within the article aspect on the page. Like the home page I have included the main and other articles, however on this page I plan on going that step further and adding extra information or the beginning of each article in the 'other article' section. In the main article are, I plan on including the name and some information about the main article. I also plan on using a title-like tool at the right have side of the page above the articles to inform the audience which are of the website they are currently on.

Layout and Font: In terms of layout and font, everything is considerably similar in order to create that consistent and professional house theme. However, this page is less symmetrical than the home page due to the major focus on the main article.


Main Article Page:

Colour Usage: Within the colour of my website, I will continue with my chosen colour scheme to create a consistent and professional feel.

Image Usage: The main image from the article should match that of the magazine on this page due to the text being taken directly from the magazine's main article. I also am using the same social media icons as in previous pages. However I also may decide to add an image of the article writer in the byline of the magazine in order to give credit and associate a name with a face. This creates a familiar and personal feel, and may also give the opportunity to add some contact or social media info in order for the magazine writers to interact with the audience, therefore allowing them to give opinions/ideas etc.

Text Usage: In relation to the text of this page, it is predominantly used within the article element of this page. I wanted to follow the generic conventions of an article and therefore used a caption, main text, lead paragraph, headline and byline. I believe this will make this page and article appear professional. Other than the article, I have used similar aspects of texts to my other pages, creating a consistent feel.

Layout and Font: In terms of layout and font, everything is considerably similar in order to create that consistent and professional house theme. However, this page follows the general layout of an online article. I will be placing the headline, for example in a much larger, bolder font.

No comments:

Post a Comment